It was CT who said that Rattling the Bones left her with an impression of stirring the past. It certainly made sense to me. When I was a teenager around 18 years old I often dreamt about a rocking chair which rocked on its own or with the help of the wind on a deck that floated across a bayou. This dream was in black and white. I mention it because I usually dream in colors. Dead trees dangled over the bayou and the water seemed muddy and murky. The dream seemed to last a long time. I would soak in the impression of this image and it seemed really important to me. I always woke up feeling spooked and extremely sad. After a year of two of repetition, I finally told myself one night that I wanted to know more about the dream. Why was it so important to me and what did it mean? One night I dreamt this dream again except this time there was rattling in the background as if bones or stones were knocking against each other. I turned around and saw for the first time, a cabin. I...
Stories about shamanic experiences.
Comments