Skip to main content

Reading Cathy's Dream

FROM CATHY:
I’ll have to give this dream a lot of thought as it stayed in my memory with an urgent feeling of writing it down so I would not forget it and the same type of urgency to share it to hopefully gain a better understanding of it. Also when I woke up I found myself questioning whether someone had been in my dream space last night. It is possible as I have given one person permission when they are able to.

FROM LISA:
Lots of people think “they need to give permission” in order for people to visit their dream space. The fact of the matter is – it’s respectful and professional courtesy to ask permission to journey to someone’s space when you’re a traditional dreamer in service to community; but on a regular basis “we” (dreamers in general) journey to the dream space of others without even mentioning it. Where some characters are a figment of our imagination (so to speak) many other characters are regular visitors: People who are learning and healing along with us. With some work and discipline it is possible to tell the difference between “guests” and characters born from our space.

FROM CATHY:
I am outside a store that I am about to enter when I hear a commotion. A young mother is with her baby and a few other people. The baby is screaming away. I find myself sympathizing with how the mother might be feeling and I enter the store.
FROM LISA:
This first part of your dream refers to the East of the Medicine Wheel. Details like “babies” and “young mothers” direct us towards the starting point of the Medicine Wheel where the sun rises: The East. Many of the details in our dreams simply show us how we walk around our Sacred Circle and what are the themes we are presently exploring. “Screaming babies” refer to the first few Moons in the North East (Moon of Welcome, Moon of Affirmation and Moon of Drama). Basically this first part of your dream says: “It’s time to focus on your needs and learn how to express them.”

FROM CATHY:
My next memory is I am back out of the store looking at this family and feeling the need to offer help. I offer to walk the baby while they take care of the things they need to take care of. After awhile I notice that they are wasting the time I give them and I decide to give the baby back to them and a feeling that they need to learn how to be more responsible.



FROM LISA:
Notice this second part of your dream confirms the theme of “focusing on needs and learning how to express them.” In this case the message gets more precise. The dreaming wants you take care of yourself and your life story without wasting any time. It seems the dreaming wants you to be responsible with your needs.
It doesn’t matter if the focus looks like it’s on someone else. The fact is the baby is YOU and the FAMILY refers to your inner community and reality. In other words this dream is showing YOU having a conversation with YOU. The impression in the first two sections of your dream is that of NEED.

FROM CATHY:
As I continue to walk home I notice a shady area by a house that has many objects of interest to me. I think to myself I’ll come back later to pick up the things I am seeing. I walk a bit feeling uncomfortable and decide to go back and pick the things up with a feeling they won’t be there if I don’t pick them up right away.

FROM LISA:
A house in a dream refers to “US” – as a whole: Physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual and energetic reality. If you are walking in a “shady area by a house” - you are walking in the WEST of your personal Medicine Wheel. If objects are of interest to you then, you are looking towards the South. Remember it’s in the SOUTH that we work with sacred objects and uncover our medicine tools. We could easily assume then that you are walking in the SOUTH WEST of your personal Wheel. This brings us to the Nomad wind and to the Moons of Inter-Relations, Moon of Surrender and Moon of Breaking the Masks. It makes sense that you are feeling uncomfortable … You are looking into shadow, unresolved, and the unknown.

FROM CATHY:
I am seeing a group of feathers that leave me feeling joy as they are the eagle feathers I had been looking for. I pick them up and I am surprised to how many there is. I then pick up the two crystals that I see. They are both very large pieces. The first one is amyaist(sp)(purple crystal) and easy to pick up. The second one is a very large quartz crystal and I wonder if I will be able to hold on to all this treasure. I reach for it and feel part of it breaking in my hand. I look closely to decide whether I can still use it and decide that I can but I am surprised because the crystal had turned into a symbol shape.

FROM LISA:
This part of the dream refers to “abundance.” Again the NE of the Medicine Wheel is about need and wishes. You find the feathers and the treasures you were looking for – meaning your “wishes were granted.” Yet you ask yourself the question: “Will I be able to hold on to these treasures?” You repeat the theme of shadow explored earlier on in the dream. Notice it’s all about repetition. The forms vary but the themes or messages are always the same. Obviously this part of your dream speaks of “honoring and caring for the wishes which are granted.” Knowing how to receive.

FROM CATHY:
What I can remember about this shape is it was a face with horns. I remember trying to trace in my mind which culture had this. I felt the possibility of Viking but also saw the possibility of an ancient native tribe but as I became aware of this I forgot which tribe it was.

 I continued my walk home and found that I had just stepped into something really muddy and worked towards removing it off my shoes by rubbing against wet grass. Someone passed by me and noticed the mud and that some of it had gotten on them as well. I felt they blamed me but I knew it was not my fault and knew someone else had placed it there. I continued to walk towards a home I recognized as my own with a feeling someone was waiting for me there. I felt like I was coming out of the light into the darkness and that is when I woke up.
Any ideas of what this dream means?

FROM LISA:
Apparently the dream about “abundance” triggered some kind of ancestral story but it wasn’t strong enough for you to retain the details of this memory. Instead the dream emphasized the “shadow in the South West.” The scene where your shoes are muddy and you feel persecution from others brings you back to the theme, which has been repeated all through the dream. It brings you back to the South West where you’re called to look at issues and unresolved. Main message: Bring clarity to these dark spots on your personal Wheel and you’ll have better access to ancestral stories and abundance. Stick to YOUR needs and stop looking at what others think and say about you. You need to get more confident with your personal story and learn to express it. In summary it’s basically what this dream keeps repeating over and over again.
Great dream. It should keep you busy for a little while.
This dream is all about learning and healing. Take advantage of what it shares and guides you to work on.

Hope this reading gives you some insights into your dream.
What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drums and Rattles.

Lately I’ve received a few e-mails and letters from people asking questions about drums and rattles. I don’t think I’ve written a blog on this topic yet. JB wrote in his e-mail: “I often read that Drums are connected to Shamanism and often the tool of choice for Shamans. How do Shamans use drums differently than anyone else who’s in Shamanism?” I thought it was a great question. For starters, one of the reasons why a drum is an interesting tool in Shamanism is because it can mimic a heartbeat and induce a state of trance. A rapid heartbeat can trigger nervousness, excitement and even aggression. A very slow heartbeat can help in relaxation, sleep and dreaming. Every rhythm can inspire an emotion and can bring about the memory of a past experience or a parallel reality. In Shamanic circles the drum can be instrumental in healing, teaching, ceremony or ritual, expansion of consciousness as well as dreaming and journeying. Almost a decade ago I participated in a Mohawk namin

Authentic Shamanism

I brought up the topic of “authentic Shamanism” at one of my classes / circles this week. I’ve noticed especially in the last three to four years that when people speak to me about Shamanism, they often make a distinction between what they are doing and what “is out there.”  These days if you are not into Ayahuasca you are not authentically into Shamanism.  So what is “Shamanism” if it changes its appearance every decade?  Is it about altered states of consciousness through hallucinogens? Is it about ceremonies and rituals; or about soul retrieval, dreaming and healing?  Since Shamanism isn’t a Religion and doesn’t have set doctrines, then how can you anyone be clear on what makes it “authentic?” When I brought up the question this week, I received a few interesting comments.   Many of the individuals in our circles have struggled with addictions and it’s because of the Medicine Wheel teachings that their lives are full and healthy again.   The idea of defining Shamanism as a j
Shadow  Emma Vanstone writes on her blog page where she shows you how to make and play with shadows that shadows are formed when light hits an object it cannot travel through . I don’t discuss the concept of “shadow” very often.  Actually I don’t think I have ever written about it.  Honestly, I tend to be a happy-go-lucky person who keeps her eye on the positive rather than the negative.  Light definitely moves through me mainly because I choose for it to move through me.  I’m a solution-driven person who looks at challenges and crisis as an opportunity to work at letting light move through me. I guess you could say “I believe in heroes and super powers”.   Looking back at the last few years and the events of 2023, I have to admit that the world is struggling with shadows.  They surround us globally but also at smaller levels like within our communities, our families, our couple relationships and even within ourselves, within our  personal dimension.  It seems like we are being called